Wednesday 7 September 2016

Existensialism 


Hi, people. As the the title suggest this post is about  existensialism (apparently that's not actually a word, according to Google). And today I'm feeling really existensial. My exams are coming up and I have absolutely no desire to study for them. I'm literally having an argument inside my head. Here's how it plays out:

1st part of my brain(let's call him Dom): What's the point of exams?

2nd part of my brain (let's call him Smartass):Well, they're to test you capabilities and what you've learnt during the school year.

Dom: What's the point of that? We'll all die at the end. All of us will suffer the same fate. The world will eventually be destroyed and our puny, minuscule lives will not effect the universe in anyways. The exam I'm about to take will never be remembered in history? What's the point of it all?

Smartass: But you will die as yourself, doing what you want to do, with your own free will. You will die that's true, but if you are a good person, you might be remembered. You might not bring a major change to the universe but you'll change it, for the better or the worse, that's for sure.

Dom: But how long will I be remembered? Its not like I'm Isaac Newton, even though I will be remembered, I won't be remembered for ever.

Smartass: It's not about being remembered for ever, it's about living your life to the fullest and leaving the remembering to the others, and by getting good grades on this exam you are on your way to living your life to the fullest.

Dom: Life isn't a certainty. You can't be certain about what will happen. You can only live life to the fullest if you know what's going to happen, but in our case we don't.

Smartass: But that's what makes it so interesting, you never know what will happen next, and whatever does happen you'll have to adapt to it.

Dom: This conversation has been going on too long.

Smartass: Yeah. Let's just end it by insulting each other.

Dom: Good idea. Got fuck your self faggot.

Smartass: Oh, yeah shitface? Eat my ass.

Dom: I don't even have face, we're just the figment of a teenager's way of showing his existensialism.

Me: Shut the fuck up, you two. That's enough for now.

End of my mental conversation.


No comments:

Post a Comment